Community Group Discussion Questions
November 9, 2017
Opening What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
Read Revelation 3:7-13
The church in Philadelphia is weak, vulnerable and unimpressive. In this position of weakness, Jesus urges them to see and depend on his power and not their own. He calls them to faithfulness and dependence not strength and control. They may feel vulnerable, but Jesus is unstoppable and has promised them eternal permanence, belonging and acceptance.
1. How would the picture of Jesus in v.7 give the Christians in Philly hope? How does it speak to your life?
2. Is there an area in your life where you feel like you have “but little power”? What struggle or pressure are you facing that is bigger than you?
3. What does it look like for us that Jesus is calling us to greater dependence rather than control and strength in ourselves?
4. How is weakness good for us? (if needed, look up Mt 5:3-12, 2 Cor 12:7-10).
5. Walk through the promises given in v.12. What do they mean? How can we live holding on to these same promises? What difference do they make?
6. What are you going to do differently because of this word from Jesus? How can we help you in this?