Community Group Discussion Questions
November 27, 2017
What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
Read Revelation 4:1-11
The throne is the central and controlling image in Revelation. We are called to re-align our life and priorities around this unseen reality. Many things in life demand our praise and loyalty, but the One on the throne alone is worthy of glory. Too many Christians have a “doxological deficit” as they life with a stunted view of God, which results in weak worship. Revelation calls us to a life of worship that reflects the reality of heaven.
1. What are some people or things in our lives that demand loyalty and glory? How are we drawn to these rival thrones?
2. What are the implications for us that a throne stands in heaven with one seated on it? How should we live differently because of that?
3. What does it mean that God is holy?What difference does it make to see God as holy?
4. What are some ways that your life can show that God is worthy of all glory and honor?
5. What is the difference between knowing about God and knowing God? How can you avoid that disconnect and live worshipfully with a holy and worthy God?