Community Group Discussion Questions
January 12, 2018
What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
Read Revelation 5.1-14
The twin vision of Revelation 4-5 calls the reader to re-orient their life around the throne of God, seeing God as worthy of all honor and glory. There are many glorious powers who demand our praise and awe, but it is the surprising and sacrificial Lamb who alone is worthy to be worshipped and followed. Will our lives reflect the reality of heaven? Will we join in the song?
1. What do you think of when you think of the conquering lion? And what impression do you have of a slaughtered lamb? What does the paradox of the Lion/Lamb tell us about the way of Jesus?
2. How did the Lamb conquer? How does that shape the way we think about Jesus’ call for us to conquer (in Rev 2-3)? How does Jesus pattern of death then resurrection shape our lives?
3. What is the significance that the Lamb rescued people for God from every tribe, language, people, and nation? How should we think about the world in light of this?
4. What in your world is competing for your affections and praise and loyalty? What does it look like to live in a way that shows the Jesus is worthy of honor and glory?
5. What step or commitment are you making in 2018 to worship and follow Jesus more, and how can we help you?