Community Group Discussion Questions
February 26, 2018
What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
Read Revelation 13
The Dragon is unsuccessful at destroying Christ and the woman (ch.12), so he raises up these two beasts to do his work for him and seek to destroy those who “hold to the testimony of Jesus.” The first beast represents political power and military might and seeks to attack the church. The second beast (or False Prophet) represents false religion that seeks to lure people into worshipping the Dragon. The opposition is fierce, so “here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints.”
1. How are the Dragon, Beast and False Prophet a counterfeit Trinity? In what ways are they similar but counterfeit to the Trinity? What does that teach us about the work of evil in our world?
2. Compare and contrast the work of the Beast and the false prophet. Where might we see these types of tactics at work in our world today?
3. What would you say to someone who speaks or acts as though our great hope for the future is found in a Christian government who has power to legislate change? How does this passage speak to that situation?
4. What is your definition of worship? What could fall under the category of worshipping the beast or the dragon?
5. In Revelation, everyone is marked either by the beast or by God as a sign of loyalty and identity. What does loyalty to God look like? What might loyalty to the beast look like?