Discussion Questions, June 11th, 2017
June 11, 2017
What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
Read Proverbs 5:15-19 and I Corinthians 6:9-11
Like a fire in a fireplace, sex is a gift and delight when enjoyed in its proper context of covenant marriage. Deepest intimacy is given in deepest commitment. When taken out of that proper context it causes damage and destruction. Our culture has brought the fire into the living room and is watching the house burn down. For the joy of their marriage, couples need to pursue delight in each other and protect themselves and their family from the damage of pornography and sexual immorality. Suggestion: some groups may want to split into mens and ladies groups for this discussion.
- In what ways does Canadian culture separate sex from its proper context? How are each of these ways destructive?
- How is pornography dehumanizing? How can it affect marriages? What protections can be put in place?
- For couples: what steps can you take to delight in your spouse and not others?
- For parents: what steps have you taken or could you take to protect and teach your children about sex and pornography?
- How can you cultivate purity as a single person?
- Read I Corinthians 6:9-11 again. What does Christ do with the filth of our sexual sin? What is our identity now in Christ?