What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
Read Revelation 19:11-20:15
Here we have the climactic battle against evil, The Lamb once and for all defeating the Dragon and all his allies. Evil is judged and punished and removed forever from God’s Paradise. This passage is given to us to give us incredible hope that Jesus will return to right the wrongs of the world and there will be justice in the end.
1. Discuss the differences between Jesus’ first and second comings. Why the differences? How are the two related?
2. What stands out to you from the description of the Rider on the white horse? What image do you need to remember and carry with you?
3. If the battle hasn’t begun yet, why is Jesus’ robe covered in blood and his army is dressed in white? What’s the significance?
4. What parts of this text are debated and what can everyone agree on? What in Revelation should we be open-handed about and what should we insist upon?
5. How would the suffering and tempted Christians from the 7 churches have received this vision?
6. How does the defeat of evil pictured here give all Christians hope? What do you need to remember from this passage?