What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
Read Hebrews 3:1-4:13
In this exhortation, the Author uses Psalm 95 to urge his readers to learn from the failure of the wilderness generation. Though they heard the message, they didn’t believe and they hardened their hearts. They missed out on the rest of the Promised Land. We are being offered a better rest in Jesus Christ and must exhort each other to persevere in faith, looking to Jesus.
1. The author urges his reader to consider Jesus and see him as more worthy than Moses. How can we consider/focus on Jesus? What are the rivals to Jesus in our context?
2. Look at v.6 & v.14. Why does the author include the condition of perseverance in faith?
3. What does it mean to “Exhort one another every day”? How could we do a better job of this as a community group?
4. In 4:2, why did the message not benefit the wilderness generation? What warning does this give us as we also hear the word of God?
5. What is the rest that comes through Jesus? How is it a better rest than what was offered before?
6. This section warns us against an inauthentic faith. Are you ever tempted to put on a spiritual façade for others? Why? How can we cultivate authenticity?