What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
Read Hebrews 9:1-28
In Hebrews 9 the author compares the detailed worship regulations of the Old Covenant with the better offering of Jesus. His Offering is superior because of its better place, its better blood, and its once-for-all nature. Because of his better offering we have better access to God through Christ than any High Priest every had through the tabernacle and temple.
1. What do the Old Testament regulations for worship teach us about God and how he is to be worshipped? What about them speaks to you personally?
2. How are these regulations both an invitation and a barrier? What is similar and what is different because of Jesus?
3. In what ways is Jesus’ offering better than what came before? How would you explain each of these in your own words?
4. What does it mean that the sacrifice of Jesus is eternally effective? How were people in the Old Testament saved?
5. How does the once-for-all nature of his sacrifice give us assurance?