What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
Read Acts 13:1-12
In his surprising providence, God sends Paul the persecutor to be a church-planter. In this crucial turning-point story, Paul and Barnabas are sent by the Holy Spirit and supported by the Antioch Church to bring the gospel to new lands where Jesus was not known. We see that God is passionate about saving a people from every nation by sending his Spirit-empowered people to proclaim Jesus.
1. When following the Holy Spirit, what are the dangers of individualism and institutionalism? What can you do to be sure that you recognize God’s leading?
2. What was the cost to the Antioch Church in sending Barnabas and Paul? Do you think it was difficult? Joyful?
3. What responsibility do we have to places where the gospel is not known?
4. If God calls us, will it be easy or difficult? If it’s difficult, how do we know we’re doing the right thing?
5. Prayerfully consider, in what ways has God called you to live sent? And what are you to be sending? Pray together about these things.