What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
Read Exodus 16:1-36 & John 6:32-40
The wilderness was God’s school, teaching Israel to trust him and walk with him. But in their disbelief they grumbled and complained about God and his ways. The failure of Israel contrasts with the faithfulness of Jesus who passes his test in the wilderness and provides salvation for all who believe. From Israel’s wilderness lessons we learn to trust in God’s providence for our daily needs and to trust in God’s Son for our deepest needs.
- Where are you going through the wilderness and experiencing painful growth?
- What does grumbling and anxiety indicate about our trust and belief?
- What should God’s provision have taught Israel in the wilderness?
- Why did we need Jesus to pass his test in the wilderness? How does this offer us hope?
- What does Jesus mean when he says that he is the true bread from heaven? How does he meet our deepest needs?