What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
Read Romans 6:1-14
If God forgives us when we sin, why not sin as much as we can? That’s the question Paul is anticipating here and it’s one that often comes up when people learn about God’s grace. Paul argues that the believer has been transferred from the realm of death and sin to the realm of life and grace. We should not sin and abuse God’s grace because we are no longer under sin’s power, but have been given new life through our union with Christ in his death and resurrection.
- How can God’s grace be abused?
- If a person abuses God’s grace, what does that say about their heart?
- How does baptism relate to our freedom from the power of sin?
- How is sin acting against who you are as a Christian?
- What does it mean to “consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God”? How does our thinking relate to our doing?