What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
Read Romans 6.15-23
We often seem to think that God’s forgiveness of us in Christ means that we are free from obligation, that we can live as we please. Instead, Paul insists that we are not free, but now belong to God and are under his authority. By God’s grace we are able to live for God and grow in our sanctification, instead of being enslaved to sin and suffering their consequences.
- Doing whatever pleases you feels like freedom, but is actually slavery. How?
- To what kind of freedom has Christ saved us?
- Why is it important to recognize that we are always growing, either in sanctification or in sin?
- What is the fruit of sin? What does sin produce in our lives?
- How can we “present ourselves as slaves of righteousness”? What steps do we need to take?