What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
Read Revelation 1:1-8
Revelation is a letter from Jesus to his church to encourage and inspire us to see spiritual reality and live faithfully for Him in the world. There is a promised blessing as we read and hear and keep this letter. Revelation challenges us to see the glory of God and to orient our lives before the throne of God.
- What has been your experience with the book of Revelation? What do you hope to gain out of this series?
- Why is it important to remember the genre of Revelation and its use of symbolism? How do symbols convey meaning?
- Read v.3. Is it important for us to read and hear God’s word as a church? What is the benefit? What do we miss out on if we don’t?
- Looking at v.3 again, how do we keep the book of Revelation?
- What is the significance that Revelation is a letter written to real, historical churches in order to instruct and encourage them? How does that shape our reading of Revelation?
- What are some of the descriptions of God in these verses and what practical encouragement can you take from each one?