What stood out to you from Sunday’s message?
Read Romans 5:1-11
Having established that justification is by grace through faith, based on the death of Christ in our place, Paul now turns in chapter 5 to celebrate the joyful results we can experience only because we are justified. The Christian can experience peace, joy, hope and assurance that only comes from knowing we are justified by God.
1. What does it mean that we have peace with God?
2. Because of our justification by faith we can rejoice in suffering knowing that it is from God for our good. Are there situations looking back, that you’ve found this to be true? Are there situations when you’ve found this to be hard to believe?
3. Why is it so significant that Christ died for us while we were still sinners/enemies/weak?
4. How do we know that God loves us? Is there any evidence? What do you do when your feelings don’t match the evidence?
5. If rejoicing is the fruit of justification, what does your life and attitude say about you?