As of August 25th, a province-wide mask mandate has returned, but worship services are exempt from this mask mandate. According to the Ministry of Health's Step 3 Guidance for Holding Low Risk Worship Services, "Worship services are exempt from both the provincial mask mandate that requires mask use in indoor public spaces and the requirement to provide proof of immunization against COVID-19 to access in-person worship services." In light of this, we would like to offer these reminders:
- Please stay home if you're not feeling well. Please self-check before coming to church. If you are not well, join us on-line.
- Clean your hands frequently. Hand sanitizer is available at the front and office-entrance doors.
- The BC Centre for Disease Control encourages vaccination as the best prevention against COVID-19.
- Masks continue to be recommended, but not required, for everyone over 12 during services.
- Give others space. Not everyone is comfortable being close to others, and for some, it is a huge step to come to church. Continue to ask those around you if they are comfortable being close to others, and give them space if they are not.
- Don't judge. Everyone is in a different place regarding COVID-19. Please accept our differences and continue to respect and love, regardless of your level of agreement with their position. Let's continue to keep this a welcome place for all.
For more information please see the latest province-wide restrictions.