Community Group Discussion Questions
For the week of January 5, 2020
Read James 1:2-15
Say a prayer that God would open your heart to hear His voice from the Epistle of James
1. In your own words, try to sum up verses 2-4. Do the same with verses 5-8 and 9-11, respectively.
2. What is the connection between these verses?
3. If the background of the Epistle of James is that there are poor members of churches in Syria and Palestine, who are severely suffering their poverty, how does this help us understand our texts today?
4. What does James teach us about how to understand our trials?
5. How do our trials help us to mature?
6. What do verses 13-15 teach us about the way that sin works?
7. Allow every person in the group to share how this text has helped them (or not!).