Community Group Discussion Questions
For the week of February 16, 2020
Read James 4:13-5:6
Say a prayer that God would open your heart to hear His voice from the Epistle of James
1. What confuses or puzzles you about this text? What would you like to understand more?
2. Why is it 'arrogance' to assume you know what tomorrow might bring? (verses 13-15)
3. In this passage (5:1-5), is the problem that it is wrong to be rich? Or, is it something else?
4. Why are the actions of the rich so problematic in this situation?
5. Consider this text in relation to the Old testament prophets, are there connections you can make? Does James sound 'prophetic' in this passage?