Community Group Discussion Questions
For the week of February 23, 2020
Read James 5:7-20
Say a prayer that God would open your heart to hear His voice from the Epistle of James
1. On a first reading of the passage, what are you curious about? What strikes you as important?
2. In what ways does James draw together some of the themes of the Epistle in these last few paragraphs?
3. James tells us to be patient in suffering and to not destroy each other in the midst of such suffering. But he does not leave us alone. How do verses 13-20 help us in the midst of suffering?
4. What is your experience of praying for the sick? Have you ever received healing?
5. What do you think the connection is between praying for the sick and the forgiveness of sins? Where else in the scripture is this connection alluded to?
6. What is you biggest take-away from our time in the book of James? How did God change you through this series?
7. What do you think the book of James means for the way the church deals with:
- The poor
- The use of our tongues