Community Group Discussion Questions
For the week of March 8, 2020
Read Matthew 17:1-9
Pray that the Spirit would open your heart and mind to what He wants you all to see in this passage.
1. Who does Jesus bring with him up to the mountain? Is there any significance in this?
2. In verse 2 Jesus is ‘transfigured’. How does the text describe this?
3. Who appears in the midst of them in verse 3?
4. Why do you think Peter wanted to build tents?
5. What does the voice from the cloud say to those gathered and what do you think the significance is of this?
6. What would have been like to be on the mountain with Jesus, Peter, James and John that day?
7. How does the meaning of the transfiguration help us on our journey through lent?