Community Group Discussion Questions
For the week of November 24, 2019
1. Read Ephesians 2:11-22
2. Who are the different groups identified in the passage whom Christ brings together?
3. In verse 14 Christ is called ‘our peace’. How does verse 15 say that Christ has brought us, or become for us, peace?
4. Society often divides itself into various groups based around aspects of identity (age, race, socio-economic background, gender). How helpful or unhelpful is this in light of this text from Ephesians?
5. If Christ brings estranged people together in himself – and He is the fundamental ground of our christian identity – what does this mean for secondary aspects of our identity (listed above) as we try to live together with our differences in the community of the church?
6. Reflect: is there a group of people whom, although they are Christian, you still find it difficult to embrace? What would it look like to allow our identity in Christ to shape our embrace of each other?