Community Group Discussion Questions
For the week of December 15, 2019
Read Matthew 11:2-12 and Isaiah 35
1. What sticks out to you about this passage? What strikes you as odd or seemingly out of place?
2. What is the question which John sends his disciples to ask about Jesus (v 3)? Why is he asking this question?
3. What was John expecting of a messiah?
4. In verses 4-6, why does Jesus answer in this way? (Read Isaiah 35 and use this text to reflect.)
5. How does this passage help us to prepare for Advent?